Alan Reed, the stage name of Herbert Theodore Bergman, was the original voice of Fred Flintstone (although Daws Butler had previously voiced him in the The Flagstones pilot pitch). Reed was born on August 20, 1907 in New York City, New York, United States and died of a heart attack on June 14, 1977 (age 69) in Los Angeles, California, United States. His role was succeeded by Henry Corden, who was also the singing voice of Fred in The Man Called Flintstone.
- The Flintstones (1960-1966)
- The Man Called Flintstone (1966)
- The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show (1972-1973)
- The Flintstone Comedy Hour (1973)
- 101. "The Swiss Alps and Tokyo, Japan" (1977)
- Energy: A National Issue (1977; credited as Alan Reed, Sr.)