- This article is about the animated incarnation. For other incarnations, see Dino (disambiguation).
Dino is a male purple dinosaur with black spots and three black hairs on his head. He wears a blue dog collar with an orange tag. He can either walk on all fours all stand and walk on his hind legs.
Dino is usually over emotional. He will show his affection to Fred by jumping over him when he gets in view, which will sometimes be followed by Dino's tears if Fred gets cross with him. When Pebbles and then Bamm-Bamm Rubble came along, he took a protector/babysitter type role. He also gets along well with the Rubbles' pet, Hoppy, after an initial rivalry, but their love of the babies got them to see eye to eye.
In chronological order (or an approximation of).
- The Flintstone Kids (1986-1987)
- The Flintstones (original series; 1960-1966)
- The Flintstones: On the Rocks (2001)
- Cave Kids (1996)
- The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age SmackDown! (2015)
- The New Fred and Barney Show (1979)
- The Flintstone Comedy Hour (1972-1973)
- I Yabba-Dabba Do! (1993)
- Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby (1993)
- Dino (1995-1997)
- Dino was introduced in the original series, as a regular snorkasaurus incapable of regular speech (not even that close to Astro or Scooby-Doo), but in the middle of season one, "The Snorkasaurus Hunter" tried and failed to retcon Dino as a well spoken dinosaur (voiced by Jerry Mann), who became more the pet of Wilma than Fred. Incidentally, Wilma was always the one more fond of Dino, but that may be because she didn't get trampled by him all the time. Furthermore, The Flintstone Kids, depicted Dino as specifically Fred's pet since childhood.
- Dino was replaced with Wolly, a small woolly mammoth, in the first season of The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show. He isn't even mentioned, and one episode goes as far as to have an entirely different kind of snorkasaurus. When Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm returned as a few "season 2" segments in The Flintstone Comedy Hour, Dino was back and Wolly was never to be seen again.